Hello! I'm sure a lot of you will be waking up to the news that there was an unexploded car bomb found in Piccadilly Circus early this morning here in London. Bloody terrorists!! Thank god it didn't go off, but it was a bit jarring as apparently the car was being driven erratically down Shaftesbury Avenue around 1 am - Nicola and I had just left Shaftesbury Avenue around midnight! A little too close to home. The great thing about London though is that no one here seems to particularly care when such scares occur - the attitude is more one of "Ah well, what can ya do? Want to grab a drink?" I was more concerned about whether or not I'd be able to carry out my plans for the day due to the Piccadilly Circus area being cordoned off than the threat of being killed!!!!
Anyway, just thought I'd leave everyone with a quick update seeing as how such things generally don't happen in Canada (knock on wood).
Had a lovely evening last night with Nicola - went out for Japanese in Leicester Square then saw the most amazing French murder mystery, Tell No One, at the "cinema." If it's playing anywhere near you, please go see it! French films are so much more complex and thought-provoking than American films. It was a really nice change and we had a fantastic time!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well!!! Take care & speak soon, as they say!
Love,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment