Hello everyone!!!
Sorry for the big delay in me getting around to writing in here - I don't have internet access in my residence so I have to go to a cafe every time I want to use the internet, and I've only had the opportunity to do so twice now!! I've been quite busy since arriving here and haven't even had a chance to do any sightseeing, let alone open my UK bank account as I had planned on doing almost immediately. I'm hopefully going to get around to that today!
The flight over was very smooth but quite cramped. As a result, I didn't get a wink of sleep the entire time and was totally out of it on Tuesday. I had heard horror stories about Air Transat's charter flights being old and crappy with terrible service, but the plane was actually very nice and new and the service was fabulous. They just didn't have the same amount or choice of food that Air Canada offers, and the seats were much closer together, making it impossible to really stretch out and relax. It didn't help that I was sitting across the aisle from this guy who literally stared at me for 7 hours. Actually, it was more than 7 hours because he was also staring at me in the Toronto airport AND in the London airport after we arrived!!!! Creepy.
Anyway, what have I been up to so far... I went out with my friend Tom on Tuesday night for a good old fashioned night of food and drink, which was a lot of fun. Yesterday I had a three hour long lunch with my friend Nicola, and then we grabbed some coffee afterwards. Then went over to Tom's in Greenwich to watch some Monty Python - it was an extremely English evening!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally have a little more free time today so I'm going to go and open my bank account and hopefully do a little sightseeing. Hopefully I'll have some more interesting stories once I'm able to get out and so something other than eat, drink and watch TV!!!!
I'm really looking forward to having my sister join me on Saturday - it'll be nice to have some more frequent company!!! We're going to spend every...single...second...together :) Love you Kate, can't wait to see you!!! MWAHAHAHAHA.
Anyway, that's all for now - more to come later!!! I have a new mobile number here where you can all contact me any time you'd like!!! From North America you'd dial 011-44-7972-106871. You can also e-mail me of course at emilydontsos@gmail.com.
I miss everyone and talk to you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment