Hello!! This is just going to be a quick note as we're about to run out to grab a bite to eat. Spent the day in transit from Edinburgh to Belfast - this involved taking a train to Glasgow, another train to Stranraer (pronounced StranRARRRR - like a tiger, as Humza pointed out), and then a ferry to Belfast. The ferry was massive and gorgeous, very comfy!!!! In total it took us about 6 hours to get here from Edinburgh. So far we've only seen the part of Belfast that stretches from the port to our hostel near Shaftesbury Square, and it's... not the loveliest city I've ever seen, let's just say. Our hostel, however, is FANTASTIC. It's the Belfast International Youth Hostel and it's big, clean, modern - very very nice and we are extremely pleased. Nice change from the crappy, stale-cigarette-smelling one we stayed at in Edinburgh.
Yesterday we went on the most spectacular, amazing 12-hour bus tour of the Scottish Highlands, Glen Coe and Loch Ness, where we are pretty sure that we spotted the Loch Ness monster. My sister got a picture that we'll have to post in here at some point!!! Loch Ness was just beyond anything I had ever imagined - much bigger and beautiful than I had thought. Got some pretty stunning pictures of it as well as of the Highlands. Our tour guide was absolutely hilarious and was quite possibly the most knowledgeable person I've ever encountered - at least in terms of Scottish history. He knows everything there is to know about the land and its people, so it was a very informative trip.
Went on a walk last night after we got back and had the good luck to see the famous Arthur's Seat (google it for some pictures) overlooking Edinburgh set off by a rainbow. Perfect end to our Edinburgh leg of the trip!!!
Tomorrow we're going to visit the west end of Belfast where the majority of the violence took place during the 'Troubles' in the 60s, 70s, etc. Probably going to walk around the university campus as well - not too sure what else there is to do here but we'll find out!
Katie is standing behind me muttering 'Katie wants soup' so I think I should cut this off now... I'm getting a little scared.
Take care everyone and will post again soon!
Love,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Funny how you were in England with those two unexploded car bombs, and then in Glasgow/Edinburgh when Glasgow's airport was rammed with that vehicle. Conspiracy. Hope you're having a good time, otherwise :P
We are awaiting the next update with bated breath!
Hello!!!!
I'm in South Korea right now!! It's really hot and humid but it's so nice to be here. Heading back to Canada tonight though.. sigh..
Post a Comment