Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating the blog - I was finally convinced to do so after receiving a worried e-mail from my mom! Alright, I'm using a French keyboard and all the keys are different than they are on N.A. keyboards so I'm just going to start typing as I normally would and you'll all have to figure it out because this is taking forever!!!!!
Weùve been in Paris since Mondqy evening and had quite the adventure trying to make our way to our hostel: We just assumed thqt since our hostel is right by the Louvre; that we needed to get off qt the stop cqlled Louvre: Well; by the time we made it to the Louvre stop two hours after leaving the airport; we finally realized we were dead wrong as we actually ended up in the middle of the French countryside!!!!! Turns out we were supposed to go to the stop cqlled Palais Royale du Louvre or so,ething along those lines.....!!! We finally arrived sometime around 8 pm, having left the airport around 4, so we were a little tired to say the least - carting massive backpacks all over Paris is not so easy!!! Anyway, we had met up with Fiona at the airport and her friend Brian joined us later; having caught a flight from Liverpool, where he'd been for a few days: Fiona, Katie and I spent the interim eating Japanese, running around the empty Louvre property among the famous pyramids by twilight, and going on a ferris wheel which allowed us to see the entire city by night - and where we were also harassed by carnies who thought it was hilarious to spin us around everytime we came around to the ground again!!!!!! Anyway; more highlights - the Louvre was closed yesterdqy so we went to the Musee d'Orsay insteqd; where we saw some incredibly famous pqintings by the likes of Picasso, Renoir, Cezanne, van Gogh etc: then we climbed up the Eiffel Tower!!! Quite an amazing experience and a spectqculqr view: today we;re doing the Louvre and Notre Dame, then tomorrow is Chateau Versailles:
This computer just shut down on me but luckily most of this entry was saved!!! I must go before this keyboard and computer drive me insane - just to let you know; this is zhqt it zould look like if I hqd qctuqlly gone qheqd qnd typed qs I nor,qlly zould hqve111 I hqte french keyboqrds11111
Miss you all very much and hope everyone is doing well!!! Are you happy now mom?!?! Have a safe trip back to T.O!!
Love,
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you darlings! Now just make sure you keep it up!!
Love,
Mommy
Post a Comment